What Atzmon Says
A List of Damning Quotes from Gilad Atzmon
His quotes are in boldface.
From his website
1. On February 19, 2011 in Stuggart, Germany Atzmon said:
"Israelis are not the Nazis of our time and the Nazis were not the Israelis of their time. Israel, is in fact far worse than Nazi Germany and the above equation is simply meaningless and misleading."
Atzmon's "logic" is that since Israel is a democracy and vote in the governments that so oppress Palestinians, Israelis are involved in the persecution where the Germans were not. Apparently he's never seen the videos of the Nuremberg rallies. And the fact that Israelis have killed maybe 40,000 vs. 30 million for the Nazis is of no importance.
2. On his site Atzmon has a picture of the cover of an edition of the "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" without comment along with an article whose theme is the charge that Zionists have taken over America
3. Here he is taking on his favorite target: anyone of the Left who has any consciousness of being a Jew by religion, ethnicity, culture, etc.)
"In comparison with the contemporaneous Jewish Red terror, Zionism comes across as a relatively tolerant endeavour."
4. He has "doubts" about the Holocaust just like all the Holocaust deniers
"It took me years to accept that the Holocaust narrative, in its current form, doesn't make any historical sense. … If, for instance, the Nazis wanted the Jews out of their Reich (Judenrein - free of Jews), or even dead, as the Zionist narrative insists, how come they marched hundreds of thousands of them back into the Reich at the end of the war?"
"If the Nazis ran a death factory in Auschwitz-Birkenau, why would the Jewish prisoners join them at the end of the war? Why didn't the Jews wait for their Red liberators? I think that 65 years after the liberation of Auschwitz, we must be entitled to start to ask the necessary questions. We should ask for some conclusive historical evidence and arguments…"
And from his book "The Wondering Who"
1. Atzmon twists Norman Finkelstein's ideas of Zionist misuse of the real Holocaust (which Finkelstein sarcastically calls the "Holocaust Industry") into a sinister permanent feature of the Jews, the "Holocaust religion"
"I shall maintain that the Holocaust religion was well established a long time before the Final Solution (1942), well before Kristallnacht (1938), the Nuremberg Laws (1936) and even before Hitler was born (1889)The Holocaust religion is probably as old as the Jews themselves." (p.153)
2. He literally writes and defends this vile statement
If Iran and Israel fight a nuclear war that kills tens of millions of people, "some may be bold enough to argue that 'Hitler might have been right after all.'" (p. 179)
Atzmon is saying under certain circumstances it would be "bold" that is correct to argue that Hitler was right in thinking that Jews should be exterminated because they were inherently evil.
3. He uses the classic anti-Semitic charges that the rapacious bankers and the communists are the fault of the Jews. In his chapter "Credit Crunch or Zio-Punch" he blames the Iraq war on two Jews and the Great Recession on one Jew, Alan Greenspan.
"You may wonder at this stage whether I regard the credit cruch as a Zionist plot or even a Jewish conspiracy. In fact the opposite is the case. It isn't a plot and certainly not a conspiracy for it was all out in the open."
"Throughout the centuries, some some Jewish bankers have gathered the reputation of backers and financers of wars and even one communist revolution." ( p.27)
4. He has some other nasty charges about the Jewish religion. He doesn't merely charge that there are cruel passages in some Jewish books. To him its the unchanging essence of the religion.
"The never-ending theft of Palestine in the name of the Jewish people is part of a spiritual, ideological, cultural and practical continuum between the Bible, Zionist ideology and the State of Israel (along with its overseas supporters). Israel and Zionism, both successful political systems, have instituted the plunder promised by the Hebrew God in the Judaic holy scriptures." (p. 121)
5. Atzmon says he has been inspired by a man he says was anti-Semitic and anti-women, Otto Weininger. Weininger was born a Jew, worshipped Aryan masculinity, converted to Protestantism, was accused of plagarism and killed himself at 23. A hell of a role model! Here's an example of Weininger's "thought" : "Women and Jews are pimps. Their goal is to make men feel guilty".
Here are four quotes from Atzmon in chapter 11:
For the last decade I have been drawing many of my insights from a man who had been totally eradicated from Western academic and scholarly discourse....Even Hitler supposedly mentioned him, admitting: "There was one decent Jew and he killed himself."
Weininger was an anti-Semite and radical misogynist
I would argue that, for Weininger, Jewish-ness isn't at all a racial category, but a mindset that some of us possess and very few of us try to oppose.
The Nazi hatred toward anything even remotely Jewish could also be explained as a form of hostility towards the Jew within
a Project of
The Middle East Crisis Committee, P.O. Box 3626, Woodbridge, CT
(Copyright 2012....All Rights Reserved)